Lightroom is a photo editing app from Adobe, which can be canceled at any time. If it is purchased through Adobe Creative Cloud, you have access to the app, whether you use it or not. If you want to cancel all of your Creative Cloud services, you must log in to your creative cloud account, select ‘my account’ and click ‘cancel this plan.’ But, this tutorial is for those who want to cancel their Lightroom premium subscription or free trial only.
Lightroom can be used on PCs, Macs, phones, tablets, and phones. Most customers are looking for the Lightroom Premium app exclusively, and download through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
If Adobe Lightroom is no longer a necessary photo editing subscription for you or the free trial hasn’t convinced you to commit, here is how to cancel it. (Check out our other guide on how to cancel Adobe cloud subscriptions).
Cancel Subscription using Adobe Account Page
- Sign in to your Adobe Account.
- Select either ‘Manage plan’ or ‘View plan.’
- Select ‘Plan information’ and select ‘Lightroom.’
- Click ‘Cancel plan’ and enter a reason for canceling the plan.
- Click ‘Continue’ and check the page for any further instructions.
Canceling Adobe Lightroom Mobile Subscription for Android
This is how to cancel a Lightroom subscription purchased through the Google Play App.
- Visit play.google.com
- Check to make sure you are signed in to your account.
- Check the left side of the screen for the ‘My Subscriptions’ button.
- Select the ‘Adobe Lightroom’ subscription.
- Click ‘Manage’ and select ‘Cancel Subscription.’
You will be able to use the app until the last day of the subscription period; it won’t be canceled immediately.
Canceling Lightroom on Samsung Device
- Open the Samsung Galaxy Store app.
- Click ‘More options’ and select ‘My page.’
- Click the ‘Receipts’ tab, followed by ‘Items.’
- Select ‘Adobe Lightroom for Samsung.’
- Tap the ‘Unsubscribe’ button.
- To confirm cancellation, tap ‘Unsubscribe’ again.
Canceling Adobe Lightroom Subscription for iOS
When you purchase an app through the App Store, you must cancel your subscription from there.
Lightroom will automatically renew unless you cancel the subscription. Once you have canceled the app, you may continue to use it until the billing period is up.
Here is how to cancel your Lightroom mobile premium subscription straight from your iOS device.
Cancel Lightroom on iPhone and iPad
- Open your phone/tablet and search for the ‘Settings’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ button and select your name.
- Tap ‘Subscriptions.’
If you don’t see the ‘Subscriptions’ button, tap the ‘iTunes & App Store’ button, then select your Apple ID, sign in to your Apple account, and scroll to the ‘Subscriptions’ button and click it.
- Select the Adobe Lightroom subscription and select ‘Cancel subscription.’
Canceling Lightroom on a MacBook
- Open up the App Store app on your Mac.
- Sign-in with your Apple ID.
- At the top of the window, find the ‘View Information’ button and click it.
- Scroll until you find the ‘Subscriptions’ button and select ‘Manage.’
- Find the ‘Lightroom’ subscription and click ‘Edit.’
- Next, click ‘Cancel Subscription.’
Cancel the Free Trial from Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud offers a free 7-day trial of their product. The trial expires automatically, and if you don’t want the app after the 7-day period, the Creative Cloud applications must be deleted from your device. Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to remove any of the apps you don’t want.
- Click ‘Creative Cloud’ and open it.
- Select ‘Apps.’
- Click the ‘more options … button’
- Select ‘Uninstall.’
Cancel the 7-day Lightroom app trial
Be careful when signing up for the 7-day free trial of the Lightroom premium service. If you do not cancel before the trial ends, it will convert to a Creative Cloud membership. You can’t get access to Lightroom only without actually signing up for Creative Cloud access.
Cancel the subscription either through the App Store on Apple devices or Google Play on Android.
Cancel through Customer Support
If you’ve tried everything and are still struggling to cancel the Lightroom subscription, there is one last option: contacting customer support.
If you cancel within 14 days of sign-up, you are eligible for a refund.
There is a link to contact customer support here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership
Adobe requires customers from certain countries to cancel their subscriptions through customer service only, and the methods described in this article will not work.