Learning has never been easier than it is now, whether it’s a photography cheat sheet or an online photography course. With the variety of online courses available, you’re sure to find something you like. Whether you’re an up and coming blogger, or just passionate about travel photography, you can learn all the skills you need in an online travel photography course.
Consider online courses an investment or money well spent because you can learn from pros in the comfort of your own home, on your own terms. In no time, you’ll be ready to travel the world and take amazing travel photos with the knowledge these courses will provide.
What is an online travel photography course?
I’m sure you’ve heard of multi-day photography courses taught by some of the best professionals in the photography field. But, these courses are intimidating, expensive, and often don’t live up to the hype. If you’re not a quick learner, you’ll have a hard time following along. So, if you don’t want to attend these live classes, don’t worry, online courses are the best option for you!
Just do a quick search on the web, and you’ll discover tons of great travel photography courses. The best part is, you can enroll and begin your studies immediately at the click of a button. Imagine how easy it is to learn at your own pace from any location you want! An online travel photography course will teach you how to become a great photographer in the travel niche and tips on how to take the best shots. The best part is, you can find any niche-specific travel photography course you want.
Online photography courses cover a wide range of niches from things like “Instagram Photography” to “Wedding Photography” or even “Instagram-style Travel Photography.” The courses will cover all kinds of topics that are handy for photographers. Besides basics like how to use aperture, manual mode, shutter speed, or ISO, you’ll also learn the best tips and tricks to take your photos to the next level.
Why Choose Online Travel Photography Courses?
There are many reasons why someone would want to take an online photography course. Usually, people want to learn new skills or improve on existing skills. Here is a list of 5 reasons to take a travel photography course online.
- Improve Photography Skills
If you’re looking to learn new skills, online courses are going to be helpful. Going through endless blog posts, articles, and resources can be exhausting. Plus, you’ll never find all the tips and tricks you need in one place.
A travel photography course can teach you everything you need to know and offer you a collection of easily accessible resources. With these kinds of classes, students get a complete guide to taking great photos.
- Learn to Use Camera Correctly
Many people who own a camera don’t know how to use it correctly, especially when it comes to settings and manual mode. Most people use the camera on auto mode because all those buttons are intimidating. That’s why an online travel photography course is necessary – it teaches you HOW TO USE YOUR CAMERA.
If you’ve already invested money into a professional camera, why take less than perfect pictures on auto mode? Learn to use manual mode to take those high-quality shots and improve your photography skills. Amazing landscapes deserve to be shot with the right aperture and shutter speed.
- Create Memories
When you are traveling, taking photos is a great way to capture those awesome moments and immortalize memories. Of course, you can use your smartphone camera, but you won’t get those high-quality photos you expect.
A course will teach you how to take the best photos while traveling by using lighting to your advantage. You can also learn all about composition and the best camera settings to capture those beautiful landscapes and landmarks around the world. So, in 50 years, you can prove what a great time you’ve had traveling.
- Save Money on Travel Photography Courses
There are so many travel photography courses available, and many of them are affordable. Actually, taking several online courses is cheaper than attending a masterclass or traveling to a different city to learn.
Avoid spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on expensive courses or seminars that seem to go on for days. Instead, learn everything you need for a fraction of the cost at your own pace. With the money you save, you can invest in additional online courses.
- Avoid Travel & Associated Costs
As you know, those traditional travel photography courses usually take place in large cities with lots of other colleagues, and it can be a hassle. Traveling to the course can be expensive as you’ll need to pay for travel and accommodation while there.
You should be spending money to travel to great destinations for your photography, not spending a fortune just to learn. Consider online courses as the most convenient way to learn all about travel photography from the comfort of your home. Plus, you can wear your pajamas, and no one will know!
6 Best Travel Photography Courses
- The Wanderlust Photo Lab (https://addie-abroad.lpages.co/wanderlust-photo-lab/)– This is a 4 module course that will teach you everything from how to choose the right equipment, how to use the camera and all about different types of travel photography. With this course, you’ll have Instagram worthy photos in no time!
- Beginner’s Guide to Memorable Vacation Photos (https://my.clickitupanotch.com/sales-page-bgmvp28342931) – This is the course for those wanting to take the perfect family photos while on vacation. You can learn all about lighting, settings, and the best tips for capturing your family members in action.
- The Capture Course: Photographing With Ease In Manual Mode (https://lindsay-davenport-photography.teachable.com/)– This is a short course that teaches you everything you need to know about all those buttons on your camera. It will show you the skills needed to shoot high-quality travel photos in manual mode.
- Create. Capture. Conquer. ( https://ivorymixschool.teachable.com/p/phone-camera-photography-class)– If you don’t have a fancy camera, this course is for you. Learn all about the best tips for taking travel photos for Instagram with your smartphone. Become a master of phone settings and capture quality shots on your trip.
- iPhone Photography Boss (https://dashboard.snaphappymom.com/product/iphone-photography-boss-course/) – This is for all of you iPhone photography fans looking to get more out of your phone. In this course, you’ll learn how to take photos in all light conditions, and end up with beautiful memories.
- Lightricks Travel Photography Course (https://academy.lightricks.com/courses/travel_photography/) – This is a course for everyone – from amateurs to advanced photographers. You’ll learn how to shoot people, locations, architecture, food, vistas (and more) as you travel. You’ll be taught all the lingo you need to know and learn how to use your camera to shoot the best travel photos.
Helpful Travel Tips & Resources for Online Photography Courses
Want to know how to make the most of your trips? You need to have the best opportunities to take travel photos – so you must plan for all aspects of a journey ahead of time. Check out these useful tips:
Always compare rates and prices for flights. To begin, check for available flights via Google Flights (flights.google.com) or Expedia.com and do some comparing. Once you know your destination, it’s time to look for the cheapest flights.
Use a travel search engine such as Kayak.com. It compares the flight prices from different airlines and browses through all the other websites to find you the lowest rate. Kiwi.com offers a similar service, and it will show you your best flight options.
Never skip travel and health insurance while traveling. You can never know what might happen, and it will cost you a fortune to get treatment. Check out the travel insurance offers from www.travelguard.com or use a website like www.worldnomads.com to get the cheapest insurance rates.
If you’re looking for great deals on accommodation, always check booking.com and take advantage of their last-minute deals. There are thousands of hotels to choose from, and the website shows you all of the amenities. Another option is Airbnb, where you can choose a property that matches your needs. If you want the cheapest accommodations, try a hostel booking site like Hostelworld.com.
If you want to compare the prices of accommodation on different websites, try trivago.com
Don’t forget to take a GoPro camera with you to capture everything your camera can’t. When traveling, always take your camera equipment with you. There are many compact and travel-friendly tripods that fold into your suitcase. Having your camera gear with you will help you take the best shots.
Looking to buy a camera for travel photos? Check out the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 or Sony Alpha A6000.
Take advantage of guided tours to the best tourist attractions. You can find a huge selection of day tour ideas on urbanadventures.com or check out ecotours.com for eco-friendly tourism. You’ll be sure to find so much inspiration for your photos while traveling and visiting beautiful places.
Check out Viator.com for ideas of things to do in your location. You’ll get lists of places to visit nearby and things to try. This is an excellent source of inspiration for travel photographers.
Getting from one destination to the next as your travel can be exhausting and expensive. Luckily, many websites and apps can help you find cheaper and faster transportation. Omio.com will show you how to get from point A to point B in the most affordable way possible. If you are traveling across Europe, you can use trainline.com to book your train tickets online and get great deals.
Travel Photography Apps
Before you set out on your travel photography journey around the world, make sure you have the best photography apps downloaded on your phone. This way, you can do editing during your trip on your smartphone. Chances are, you’ll want to post photos on social media as you travel, so editing apps are handy for showcasing your travels and experiences.
Featured image: https://unsplash.com/photos/qyAka7W5uMY